Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe recently was coveted by people around us, maybe include you. People nowadays are already common to using the internet on tablet to search for Vegan Shepherd's Pie information to be used as inspiration in cooking information, and refer to the title of this post, we will will share Vegan Shepherd's Pie Recipe. Enjoy cooking.
You can cook Vegan Shepherd's Pie using 16 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 500 g of rinsed, 12h-soaked green&brown lentils*.
- Provide 1500 g of water.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large white onion ca.175g.
- It’s 4-6 of garlic cloves ca.20g.
- It’s 3-4 of carrots ca.200g.
- It’s of Olive oil (or vegan butter).
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1½tsp dryied thyme.
- Provide 2420 g of diced potatoes (came from a packet of 3kg).
- It’s of salted water (e.g. 2tbsp of smoked salt).
- Prepare 260 g of cashews.
- It’s 340 g of water (e.g. reuse potato water).
- Prepare of herb salt.
- Provide of ground pepper.
- Provide of ground nutmeg.
- Provide of or the equivalent in jarred precooked lentils.
Vegan Shepherd's Pie guide
- Rub 27x36cm casserole with raw garlic clove, grease with vegan butter or olive oil (a spray is easiest).
- Boil lentils in 1.5 l of water for 40min (or use 2x 660g glas jars of lentils).
- Or cook lentils w/out soaking in thermomix.
- If termomix available: add 500g lentils, tbsp veggie broth powder and 1.5l water; program 100°C for 40min reverse speed 1. Done :).
- Lentils into casserole.
- Add salt & pepper to please your taste.
- Mince garlic (in tmx at speed 7), onion, carrots (tmx 5) and sautee with thyme in olive oil (tmx varoma speed 1 for 3min).
- Add garlic etc to lentils in casserole and combine everything.
- Let heat up and simmer at low temperature.
- Grind pepper over lentils if desired.
- Peal off knobbly parts of potato. I often leave a large amount of skin on because I like it. Choose what you prefer..
- Dice potatoes and start boiling salted water in pot.
- When water is boiling add the potatoes, cover with lid and set timer for 15 minutes.
- During cooking time you will need to lessen heat so potatoes don't boil over.
- Preheat 220℃ oven.
- Potatoes need to be very soft for mashing, and if done, pour out water (keep it for making cashew cream).
- Potatoes back into pot, lid on and now blend cashews with water at highest speed for 90 seconds.
- Start mashing up potatoes, add cashew cream (depending on type of potato you might not need all of the cream) and a dab of butter. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper to your taste..
- If using separate frying pan, transfer thickened lentils to casserole. Lentils are the base layer.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Into oven for 10-15 minutes until mash is a bit browned at peaks.
- If lentils are a bit liquidy you can use hot-air oven, then please turn down to 200℃.
- As I have left the peal on half of the potatoes, you can see specks of it in the baked potato crust of this just out-of-the-oven delicious shepherd's pie.
If you find this site beneficial , please support us by sharing this posts to your own social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram and so on or you can also mark this blog page with the title Vegan Shepherd's Pie by using Ctrl + D for devices a laptop with a Windows operating system or Command + D for laptops with an Apple operating system. If you use a smartphone, you can also use the drawer menu of the browser you are using. Whether it’s a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android operating system, you will still be able to bookmark this website. Thank you