A Proper Cottage Pie recipe recently was coveted by people around us, maybe include you. People nowadays are already familiarize to using the internet on cellphones to search for A Proper Cottage Pie information to be used as inspiration in cooking information, and refer to the title of this post, we will will share A Proper Cottage Pie Recipe. Enjoy cooking.
You can have A Proper Cottage Pie using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Proper Cottage Pie
- Provide of Filling.
- It’s 1-1/3 pound of ground beef.
- Provide 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of carrots.
- Prepare 1-1/4 cup of celery.
- Provide 1-1/3 cup of onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of Mash.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1-2/3 pound of potatoes.
- You need As needed of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley flakes.
- Provide 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Provide of Topping.
- It’s 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
A Proper Cottage Pie instructions
- Peel wash and cube the potatoes. Cover with water and boil till fork tender. Drain the water. Add the butter, and milk. Shred the cheese and add to the potatoes. Add the parsley and salt..
- Whip the potatoes well till creamy. Let rest. Chop the vegetables and melt the butter..
- Sauté the vegetables for 12 minutes in the butter with the salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Add the beef and when browned add the wine and allow to reduce. Simmer 15 minutes. This can be done as you are doing the potatoes..
- When the liquids are reduced add the flour and tomato paste. Stir and incorporate well. Let the flour cout and cook for 7 minutes. Add the broth..
- Preheat the oven 400°Fahrenheit. Stir well stirring constantly this will thicken. Transfer to an oven safe pan I used an 8×12 pan about 2-1/2 inch deep. Spread it out evenly. Then add the mashed potatoes I used a spoon, but you can pipe it on..
- Take a big fork and plow the field, put grooves on top. Then top off with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded. Put onto another pan. I put parchment paper on the bottom pan for easy cleanup. It's gonna bubble over!!!.
- Bake 30 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to rest 12-15 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
If you find this site adventageous , please support us by sharing this posts to your favorite social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram and so on or you can also mark this blog page with the title A Proper Cottage Pie by using Ctrl + D for devices a laptop with a Windows operating system or Command + D for laptops with an Apple operating system. If you use a smartphone, you can also use the drawer menu of the browser you are using. Whether it’s a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android operating system, you will still be able to bookmark this website. Thank you