Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) recipe recently was desired by people around us, maybe include you. People nowadays are already familiarize to using the internet on mobile phones to search for Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) information to be used as inspiration in cooking information, and according to the title of this post, we will will share Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) Recipe. Enjoy cooking.
You can cook Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb)
- Prepare of Equipment.
- Prepare 2 of Pans.
- Provide 1 of Baking Tray (I think mine was approx 20cm x 20cm).
- You need 1 of Food Pocessor (I used my trusty Nutribullet).
- It’s of Oven.
- Prepare of Produce.
- Provide 1 of Celery Sticks (finely chopped).
- Provide 1 of Carrots (finely chopped).
- Provide 1/2-1 of Leek (finely chopped).
- It’s 200 gms of Mushrooms (some sliced, some finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Provide 2 of Garlic Clove (finely chopped).
- Provide 1 tbs of fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- You need 3 sprigs of Thyme (leave whole).
- You need 1 head of Cauliflower (processed) – for the topping.
- Provide of Others.
- Provide 1 1/2 of tab Dried Mix Herbs (or Pizza herbs).
- Provide 1 tbs of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Provide 3 tsp of salt (2 for filling, 1 for topping).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper (1 for filling, 2/2 for topping).
- Provide 1 tbs of Rice Flour (mixed in with 1/2 cup cold water).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Water.
- It’s 2 Cups of Almond Milk (for the topping).
- You need 1 tbs of butter (for the topping – I used a dairy free version).
- You need 3 tbs of Parmesan (for the topping – I used a Vegan Parmesan).
- It’s 1 Can of lentils (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) instructions
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare vegetables as per ingredients instructions (pic doesn't show the Cauliflower once put in the food processor or the rice flour mixture).
- Place 1tbs Olive oil in a pan, add the onion and saute for 5mins..
- While the onion sautes, in the other pan, add the processed Cauliflower, 2 cups almond milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the other pan. Place lid on pan and leave to simmer covered (I didn't take any pics, sorry). This will cook down for approx 15 – 20mins cooking (or until softened).
- Back to the filling pan, Add the other tbs olive oil and then leek and garlic and saute for a further 3 minutes. Then add the Mushrooms, carrot, celery, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, mixed herbs, paprika, 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and stir..
- Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups Water and stir. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for approx 10mins.
- Just before the filling is ready, add the rice flour water mixture and cook for a minute or so and place the filling mixture into the baking tray.
- For the topping, place the cooked down Cauliflower mixture in a Food processor (I used a Nutribullet), with the butter and 2tbs Parmesan and blitz until smooth..
- Spread the Cauliflower Mash over the top of the filling, sprinkle the last tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and bake for 30mins..
- Once finished, serve. You can leave in the oven for longer for a browner top. I was too hungry to wait and it was great anyway (although doesn't make for the prettiest of pics 😂).
If you find this site adventageous , please support us by sharing this posts to your preference social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram and so on or you can also mark this blog page with the title Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) by using Ctrl + D for devices a laptop with a Windows operating system or Command + D for laptops with an Apple operating system. If you use a smartphone, you can also use the drawer menu of the browser you are using. Whether it’s a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android operating system, you will still be able to bookmark this website. Thank you