Potatoes au Gratin recipe recently was sought by people around us, maybe include you. People nowadays are already common to using the internet on cellphones to search for Potatoes au Gratin information to be used as inspiration in cooking information, and refer to the title of this post, we will will share Potatoes au Gratin Recipe. Enjoy cooking.
In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. See how to make these mini gratins that are perfect for entertaining. Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes "Fantastic recipe!
Feels like [we're] eating at fancy French cafe." – Cathy N. Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish. Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths. You can have Potatoes au Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potatoes au Gratin
- Provide 2 kg of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of grated cheese of your choice..
- You need dash of chopped parsley.
- Provide 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cream cheese.
In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Arrange some of the potato slices, edges overlapping, in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Scalloped potatoes and potatoes au gratin are often confused, and for good reason since they are very similar. The most common difference is that scalloped potatoes are cooked in cream and au gratin potatoes are baked with cheese.
Potatoes au Gratin order
- Preheat oven to 250-300 degrees celcius (or mark 6)..
- Peel potatoes, wash and drain well..
- Slice the potatoes as finely as possible or use a slicer to make things easier..
- Rub the garlic around a baking dish or skillet. Grease the dish with butter. I also greased it with cream cheese..
- Start laying the sliced potatoes in the dish separating them only slightly, keeping them compact. Add salt, pepper, parsley. Add a layer of cream. Spread the cream on the potatoes. Add some grated cheese..
- Repeat step 5 for as many layers as you have potatoes. You might need to add cream or cheese..
- On the final layer top with some parsley and a lot of cheese and bake for 45-60minutes..
These Au Gratin potatoes are covered with a cheese sauce and shredded cheese on top and baked in the oven. Au gratin is defined as a dish prepared with cheese, butter, and cooked in the oven or broiler, so any ingredient cooked with this method is au gratin. Au gratin potatoes are a casserole of thinly sliced potatoes (and often garlic and onions) cooked in a sauce of cheese until tender. Potatoes Au Gratin satisfy my need for creamy, cheesy goodness and creates a side dish that your entire family will love! The recipe comes together very easily!
If you find this site convienient , please support us by sharing this posts to your preference social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram and so on or you can also mark this blog page with the title Potatoes au Gratin by using Ctrl + D for devices a laptop with a Windows operating system or Command + D for laptops with an Apple operating system. If you use a smartphone, you can also use the drawer menu of the browser you are using. Whether it’s a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android operating system, you will still be able to bookmark this website. Thank you