Oven Braised Pot Roast recipe recently was desired by people around us, maybe include you. People nowadays are already accustomed to using the internet on tablet to search for Oven Braised Pot Roast information to be used as inspiration in cooking information, and related to the title of this post, we will will share Oven Braised Pot Roast Recipe. Enjoy cooking.
You can cook Oven Braised Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Braised Pot Roast
- It’s 3 of -5 lb boneless Chuck Roast.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, cut into slivers.
- You need 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Provide 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- You need 3 cup of Beef Stock or broth, warmed.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried Thyme, crushed.
- Provide 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Bay leaf.
Oven Braised Pot Roast order
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Stud the roast using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut..
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder with fork. Sprinkle flour mixture over entire roast. Rub mixture into the roast, turning until thoroughly covered, including sides. Let rest for 15 min while the oven pre-heats.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Using tongs, carefully place roast into hot oil and sear it on all sides..
- Remove roast and set aside. Add more fat or oil as needed to equal 1/4 cup. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the color of mud (about 5-7 mins)..
- Stir in the chopped onion and cook about 3 minutes..
- Stir in the warm beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Place roast into the gravy, spoon some of the gravy on top, cover and cook at 275°F for 4 hours basting occasionally (if you want to add vegetables and potato's, after two hours remove from the oven, baste the meat and add the carrots along the side of the roast, cover and return to the oven for 1 hr. then remove, baste and add the potatoes, cover and cook another hr or until the potatoes are tender).
If you find this site adventageous , please support us by sharing this posts to your favorite social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram and so on or you can also mark this blog page with the title Oven Braised Pot Roast by using Ctrl + D for devices a laptop with a Windows operating system or Command + D for laptops with an Apple operating system. If you use a smartphone, you can also use the drawer menu of the browser you are using. Whether it’s a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android operating system, you will still be able to bookmark this website. Thank you