Classic Shepherd's Pie recipe recently was coveted by people around us, maybe include you. People nowadays are already regularly to using the internet on mobile phones to search for Classic Shepherd's Pie information to be used as inspiration in cooking information, and refer to the title of this post, we will will share Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe. Happy cooking.
You can cook Classic Shepherd's Pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Shepherd's Pie
- Provide 400 grams of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 large of Onion, chopped up.
- It’s 5 large of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium of Carrot, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Green Peas.
- It’s 5 medium of Champignons, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Provide 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 of Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Cheddar Cheese.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Corn.
Classic Shepherd's Pie order
- Making the Mashed Potato: Peel and quarter the potatoes. Boil in water for about 20 – 25 minutes, until you are able to poke through the potato easily with a fork. Remove from water and allow potatoes to cool. Mash potatoes in a large bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Add the milk and butter in gradually. Blend in until the mash becomes a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Making the Meat Filling: Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Saute the clove and onions for a few minutes. Next, add carrots and mushrooms. Saute till the carrots are soft. Add the ground beef. Stir fry till beef turns light brown. Add the dark soy sauce for color. Add the green peas and corn. Add salt, pepper and seasoning to taste. Add water and allow to simmer for about 10 mins. Add more water if needed so that there is some gravy and the beef does not dry out..
- Making the Pie: Transfer the meat filling to a baking dish and level it out so that the filling covers the entire base of the dish. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese over. Next, add the mash on top of the meat filling and spread it out with the back of a spoon (do not press the mash down into the filling otherwise too much gravy will seep into the mash). Use a fork to rough up the surface of the mash. Baste the mash with a little butter and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top. Bake in oven on max heat for about 15 mins or until the potato crust turns golden brown and slightly crispy..
If you find this site serviceableness , please support us by sharing this posts to your own social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram and so on or you can also mark this blog page with the title Classic Shepherd's Pie by using Ctrl + D for devices a laptop with a Windows operating system or Command + D for laptops with an Apple operating system. If you use a smartphone, you can also use the drawer menu of the browser you are using. Whether it’s a Windows, Mac, iOS or Android operating system, you will still be able to bookmark this website. Thank you